Technical Supervisor – LC/MS
We are looking for someone that is extremely proficient in using LC/MS in a clinical setting. This person will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the LC/MS/MS assays used by InSource. The role requires direct involvement with the daily review and quantitation of data. It will also included daily oversight of the data being released by other CLS and the development of ongoing training and assessment tools for CLS new to LC/MS data review and resulting.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- An expert in the use of Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) for testing of clinical samples. Experience on SCIEX 4000 or 5000 systems is preferred, but not required
- Experienced with HPLC including daily operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Expert in drug metabolism for commonly prescribed pharmaceutical / pain medications
- Expert in the quantitation of LC/MS data including the QA rules required to demonstrate accuracy and validity of a data set
- Experience developing and validating LC/MS assays
The Technical Supervisor must meet the requirements in CLIA Regulations (42CFR Sec. 493.1449) for a High Complexity Chemistry or Toxicology lab. The Technical Supervisor must hold a current license in the State of California.
Out of State applicants will be accepted, but must meet the requirements to obtain CA licensure.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies procedures for testing performed and establishes the laboratory’s performance criteria, including accuracy and precision of each test and test system.
- Establishes a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed, establishes the acceptable levels of analytic performance, and ensures these levels are maintained throughout the testing process
- Resolves technical problems and ensures corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Ensures patient test results are not reported until all corrective action has been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
- Identifies training needs and ensures testing personnel receive regular in-service training.
- Evaluates the competency of all testing personnel on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluates and documents Testing Personnel’s performance at six months and twelve months during the first year of employment and yearly thereafter.
- Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive vacation and PTO policy
- 401K Program
- Onsite gym facilities
careersinsourcedx.com and specify the job posting you are applying for.
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to