Technical Supervisor – General Chemistry/Hematology
We are looking for someone that is extremely proficient in routine chemistry and hematology testing. This person will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all data in these departments. The role requires direct involvement with the daily review and release of data. It will also include daily oversight and training of testing personnel.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Highly experienced with the operating and releasing data from automated analyzers for routine chemistry, hormone testing, and drugs of abuse screening.
- Highly experienced with testing done in a hematology department
- Able to help establish best practices in a new department to ensure data quality and patient safety
The Technical Supervisor must meet the requirements in CLIA Regulations (42CFR Sec. 493.1449) for a High Complexity Chemistry or Toxicology lab. The Technical Supervisor must hold a current license in the State of California.
Out of State applicants will be accepted, but must meet the requirements to obtain CA licensure.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects test methodology appropriate for the clinical use of the test menu.
- Verifies procedures for testing performed and establishes the laboratory’s performance criteria, including accuracy and precision of each test and test system.
- Enrolls the laboratory in an approved PT program commensurate with services offered.
- Establishes a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed, establishes the acceptable levels of analytic performance, and ensures these levels are maintained throughout the testing process.
- Resolves technical problems and ensures corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Ensures patient test results are not reported until all corrective action has been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
- Identifies training needs and ensures testing personnel receive regular in-service training.
- Evaluates the competency of all testing personnel on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluates and documents Testing Personnel’s performance at six months and twelve months during the first year of employment and yearly thereafter.
- Performance is reevaluated (prior to reporting patient test results) if test methodology or instrumentation changes. The evaluation must include the use of the new test methodology or instrumentation
- Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive vacation and PTO policy
- 401K Program
- Onsite gym facilities
careersinsourcedx.com and specify the job posting you are applying for.
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to