Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) – LC/MS
Testing Personnel are responsible for running and quantitation of clinical samples using LC/MS/MS.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Must have experience with Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS). Experience on SCIEX 4000 or 5000 systems is preferred, but not required
- Experienced HPLC including daily operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Possess knowledge about drug metabolism for commonly prescribed pharmaceutical drugs.
- Proficient working knowledge of quantitation of LC/MS data including the QA rules required to demonstrate accuracy and validity of a data set
- Experience developing and validating LC/MS assays is a bonus, but not required.
The Clinical Lab Scientists must be licensed by the State of California in Chemistry or have limited licensures in Chemistry or Toxicology and meets the qualifications in 42CFR Sec. 493.1489.
Out of State applicants will be accepted, but must meet the requirements to obtain CA licensure.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Testing Personnel are responsible for performing those tests that are authorized by the Laboratory Director and that are within the individual's skill level. Specific responsibilities include:
- Following the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Maintaining records which demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhering to the laboratory’s Quality Control policies and documenting all Quality Control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Following the laboratory’s policies, including taking and documenting corrective actions, whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Being able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or test result reporting and correcting the problem or notifying the appropriate supervisor.
- Documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- If required by route of qualification, performing high complexity testing only under the on-site direct supervision of a General Supervisor.
- Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive vacation and PTO policy
- 401K Program
- Onsite gym facilities
careersinsourcedx.com and specify the job posting you are applying for.
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to